Home Visit Opticians
At Templeman Opticians we want to make the delivery of eye-care to care home residents as simple as possible for the staff, too.
We are able to provide you our personal and one to one Home eye care services, we give you expert eye care advice on all aspects of eye-care, training, glasses and the patients’ health etc.
Templeman Opticians are currently offering all care homes we visit a yearly free eye-care scheme for all care home staff and careers. No other optician can offer this service…
How To Book Your Home Visit:
fill out the simple appointment form on the right of this page, well contact you either by email or telephone to confirm your booking and ask for your home address.
Alternatively you can give us a call to find book your home visit appointment on 01268 777729.
we’ve implemented I Clarity software;
- All patient’s details will be accessible whilst our opticians are out on their new tablets.
- Enabling for us to run much more efficiently when in busy care homes.
Home Eye Tests – Eye Pressure Tests – Glaucoma Tests – Home Eye Care – 1 years aftercare to all of our patients
The majority of eye conditions don’t have any symptoms, so one or more of your service users could have a visual problem without even knowing it.
Glasses Delivered To Your Home
Should one of your residents require eyewear they’re in for a treat. As well as supplying a large range of spectacles, our optician also carries a wide variety with them when he makes visits.
Training we can offer you care home staff & family members
When it comes to keeping your residents’ vision in great health you could also be making your job easier. Visual problems can cause accidents including falls and bumps; most of which can be prevented with the right knowledge.
Home Visit Experience
- We have an extensive experience in working with elderly patients including those with dementia, mental health problems and learning difficulties and we fully understand and have a sympathetic approach that is required.
- We understand the need to safeguard older, more vulnerable patients who live in care homes, as their needs are different from those of other older people.
If you are a family member or even a Home Carer, then this is what you could benefit from our home visit
– Give Your loved ones the Care They Deserve!
– Elderly eye care experts with training on dealing with patients with dementia & other health conditions
- The same opticians visiting which improves continuity of care for your residents and builds a great relationship between us and our patients.
- You will speak to the same person in our office which eliminates the confusion factor which can arise when dealing with larger companies.
- You will see the same person when the glasses are delivered.
- A prompt very personal service emphasising on providing thorough eye examinations and excellent customer service.
- Extensive experience in dealing with elderly patients and those with dementia.
- You have the direct line to the owners and the manager so we can answer all queries without any delay.
- We can tailor make our service to suit you e.g we can visit on certain days or times to suit you to avoid meal times etc.
- We can examine individual patients if required or groups. whatever suits your needs. unlike some companies we not have to wait until several patients are due to be seen.
- We do not have daily targets or minimum number of patients to see so we can work at our own pace to ensure that each resident receives the best possible eye care.
- We are able if clinically necessary to dilate the pupils or all our diabetic patients and send reports to their GP’s.
- Nothing is ordered without the consent of the family of letter.
- All glasses are professionally labelled with the patient’s name, date and intended use. we even label the case with the patients name, intended use and description of the glasses.
- All glasses are hand delivered within 10-15 working days. Included a free collection and repair service.
- We carry out staff training to make the aware of the common eye conditions that can effect the elderly.
- We provide all care homes with a Vision and clinical Report on all of our patients, to be put with their care plans.
Switching home visit optician providers is easy and we take care of all necessary paperwork should you decide to use our service.