Our team of specialist mobile opticians can come to those who can’t visit us in-store unaccompanied due to a physical or mental illness or disability.
have a condition that stops you from leaving your home unaccompanied due to poor health, or
be living with a diagnosed mental health condition that prevents you from leaving your home without the assistance of another person, or
be housebound or bedbound due to a physical disability
What do we mean by a physical or mental illness?
There are many conditions and reasons why someone might not able to leave their home unaccompanied. It’s best to talk to us about your situation so we can determine if you do meet the criteria, but to try and help make it a little clearer, here are a few examples.
Conditions may include (but aren’t limited to):
- Cognitive impairment
- Severe arthritis
- A diagnosed mental illness
- A condition that affects your mobility
- A condition that affects your short term memory
- An illness that requires constant medication (for example, oxygen)
- A temporary medical reason prohibiting you from leaving your home (such as vertigo)
- A temporary illness that prevents a person from leaving the home unaccompanied
- A medical professional has advised you not to leave home without help
Whatever the reason is, if you or someone you know can’t leave the home without the assistance of another person, then get in touch to find out if you’re eligible to have a home eye test.
Those who have a physical or mental illness which prevent you from leaving your home unaccompanied.
Those who are eligible for free NHS-funded eye tests by checking the criteria below.